Open Call for
We’re looking for a local digital production studio to partner with on a film project grant of up to $30,000!
ABOUT THE PROJECT
GLITCH is launching an exciting new program and we’d love to document the journey. Through this project there are opportunities to work with our team, travel to national events like GDC, TwitchCon, or E3, and explore the world of digital games.
THE IDEAL PRODUCTION PARTNER IS:
- A Minnesota-based film director who has a couple independent projects under their belt, but is still in the early stages of their directing career
- A killer storyteller who can use their suite of film skills to craft an engaging narrative
- Passionate and knowledgeable about video production including equipment, editing, and how to set up the perfect shot
- Digital games enthusiast: whether you grew up stomping goombas, spend nights at the barcade, or recently found a new calling catching Pokémon, you have a base of games knowledge that creates a genuine connection to the documentary topic
THE PRODUCTION PARTNER WILL:
- Collaborate with GLITCH’s grant writer to create a kickass application for project funding
- Be the grant recipient: The Jerome Foundation funds emerging directors; this is a funding opportunity you’re ready and willing to accept
- Take control of the project: from creating a production schedule and budget sheets to building the narrative and editing the final, this documentary will truly be your own
ABOUT THE GRANT
The Jerome Foundation offers production grants, for specific projects, of up to $30,000 for emerging film, digital production and video directors who reside in Minnesota and work in the genres of experimental, narrative, animation or documentary work.
Full grant details available here.
We’d love to hear from you! Please contact Katie by August 4th, 2017 at katie @ glitch.mn with the subject line “GLITCH Film Project” followed by the studio’s name. Include a sentence or two about your interest in the project, any questions you have, and a link to your film portfolio.