Open Call for
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Minnesota State Arts Board is funding collaborative projects between artists of color and nonprofit organizations. We see this as a fantastic opportunity to support our community, expand opportunities for diverse perspectives within games, and create something rad together.
THE IDEAL GRANT PARTNER IS:
- A Minnesota-based game maker or artist of color pursuing games as a career or artistic expression
- Passionate about video games, as well as their unique ability to share experiences and engage audiences
- A true collaborator who is comfortable working with a team and is open to feedback, both giving and receiving
- A budget-conscious creator who can build amazing experiences with any amount of dough
THE GRANT PARTNER WILL:
- Collaborate with GLITCH’s grant writer to create a kickass application for project funding
- Take artistic control of the project: You have a vision and are ready to make it a reality, all while embracing assistance and constructive feedback from a collaborative team
- Co-present the project to the public with GLITCH’s help: Whether through an installation, event, or up on stage, you’re comfortable showcasing your work and engaging with the community
- Start and complete the project, including the public presentation, between March 1, 2018 and February 28, 2019
ABOUT THE GRANT
The Cultural Community Partnership grant program is designed to enhance the careers of individual artists of color. Artists, at any stage in their careers, can apply for grants to help support collaborative projects.
Full grant details available here.
We’d love to hear from you! Please contact Katie by August 10th, 2017 at katie @ glitch.mn with the subject line “Cultural Community Partnership” followed by your name. Include a sentence or two about your interest in, or idea for, the project and a link to your portfolio.
Curious about the project but looking for more details? Confused about grants or the grant process? Want to bounce your project idea with GLITCH staff? Then the Information Session is the right place! Our Director of Operations (and grant writer), Katie Simning, will be highlighting grant + eligibility requirements, examples of our previous partnerships, and projects we’re inspired by, as well as answering your questions. Session details:
Cultural Community Partnership Information Session
Monday, August 7th
6:00pm – 7:00pm
GlitchHQ, 1829 Riverside Ave #200, Minneapolis, MN 55454
Light snacks and refreshments included