Call for GlitchHQ Attendants
We’re looking for passionate and ambitious individuals to join the GLITCH team!
GlitchHQ Attendants play a vital role in our community of game creators, players, and enthusiasts. Together, we keep GlitchHQ in tip-top shape, connect the community to our programs, and create a welcoming space for all.
Term: January 2017 – May 2017
Work Hours: 4-6 hour commitment per week; morning, afternoon, and evening shifts available
Applications Due: December 28th, 2016
- Passionate about GLITCH’s goals, programming, and community
- A killer communicator who can easily connect with others and your knowledge about video game culture makes you approachable and relatable
- Organized and attentive: whether it’s a local developer registering for a day pass or the printer paper running low, your diligence and attention to detail means you’ve got it in the bag
- A huge stickler about being on time and always arrive a few minutes early, you know… just in case
- Hold down the GlitchHQ front desk each week to greet guests, direct inquiries, and assist with checking out equipment
- Keep a watchful eye on the space to ensure that GLITCH equipment and property is not damaged or stolen
- Wield cleaning supplies like a wizard, keeping tidiness and order well in place
- Listen to the community and share ideas with GLITCH staff to drive improvements
- Teamwork it up with fellow Attendants, staff, and volunteers during GlitchHQ events
All GlitchHQ Attendant volunteers are compensated through a point-collection system for hours contributed. Points can be redeemed for game swag and tickets to events like GlitchCon or PAX.